Skip to main content

Get in Style While Giving Back With Pura Vida Bracelets


I'm all about jewelry and accessories that are fashionable, functional and versatile. Add a major does of color and I am officially sold. Enter: Pura Vida Bracelets. Not only does the brand sell jewelry and accessories that are fun and colorful, it also gives a percentage of sales to various charities.


“Pura Vida” means “pure life” in Spanish; a Costa Rican philosophy that encourages the appreciation of life’s simple treasures. Pura Vida Bracelets was founded by two friends who met two bracelet artisans in Costa Rica during a college graduation trip. After witnessing the simple life and hard work of the two artisans, the two friends found that their handmade bracelets were a popular symbol of the laid-back lifestyle. Thus, Pura Vida Bracelets was born as a way to inspire simple living while providing meaningful work to artisans around the world.

When you purchase a bracelet from the Pura Vida Charity collection, you make a difference. There are many different causes you can support, and one that's very near and dear to my heart is adoption. I've wanted to adopt a child since I was a child myself. And while I haven't been able to do so (yet), I am more than happy to give back to charities that further the awareness and advancement of adoption. I can think of no greater gift than to give a loving home to a child in need of a family. I hope that someday I get the opportunity to call myself an adoptive mother.


In the meantime, I'm rocking my purple Pura Vida Adoption Awareness bracelet. With each purchase of the Adoption Awareness bracelet, 10% of net profits are donated to The Kinship Center. This California-based nonprofit agency creates and supports permanent families for children through adoption, relative caregiving or other guardianship.


I chose to wear my Adoption Awareness bracelet with a fun, colorful tunic that had a touch of purple in it. But since I wanted to make a really bold statement with my accessories, I paired it with the Life in Color bracelet, which was the perfect way to draw out the colors from the top and tie the entire look together.




What's also great about Pura Vida bracelets is that they are so light and comfortable to wear, you barely notice you've got them on! The one and only thing I don't like is that my bracelets were quite loose on my skinny little wrists. However, knowing the good that my purchase did and the way the bracelets easily spruce up any look with little effort, I'm a definite fan of Pura Vida and plan to purchase more in the future.

If you're interested in supporting charities that align with your passions and interests, click here to shop from Pura Vida and show your support for:
  • Save the Dolphins
  • Cystic Fibrosis
  • Save the Sea Turtles
  • Anxiety Disorder
  • For the Oceans
  • Suicide Prevention Awareness
  • Depression Awareness
  • Mental Health Awareness
  • Baby Loss Awareness
  • Autism Awareness
  • Alzheimer's Awareness
  • Breast Cancer
  • LGBT Pride
  • Leukemia/Lymphoma
  • Save the Pandas
  • 1% For the Planet
  • U.S. Army
  • Diabetes Awareness
  • Lung Cancer Awareness
  • Pancreatic Cancer Awareness
  • Brain Cancer Awareness
  • Down Syndrome Awareness
  • ALS Disease Awareness
  • Colon Cancer Awareness

Comments